Here’s a fast and easy dish for the calorie conscious. Something I picked up whilst traveling in Vietnam a few years ago – this delicacy was the ‘house special’ in a tiny cafe in the North, and was exactly what was needed after several days of a mostly meat diet. Try it. It serves 6-8.
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles, cooled
- 1 red, yellow and green pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, julienned
- 1 baby red cabbage, thinly sliced
- large handful fresh mint leaves
- large handful fresh coriander
- optional extras: bean sprouts, broccoli, green beans, spinach leaves
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed ginger (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chilli oil (optional)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.