Here’s a fun game day main dish or just for an every day dinner for football fans.
It has the addition of carrots to add just a little bit more of a nutritious punch. You can also shred vegetables like zucchini and add them if you’d like. Try the recipe in the ad (circa 1950s) if you’re feeling adventurous, otherwise, I recommend the updated version below.
Full of Fiber Football-Shaped Meatloaf
Prep time: 10 mins – Cook time: 1 hour
Enjoy watching the game and eating this healthy meatloaf! Your guests will never know it’s good for them!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ cup oats
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, add ground turkey, oats, carrot, onion, egg white, Worcestershire, horseradish, salt and pepper.
- Work the ingredients with your hands until they are well combined and stick together well.
- On a non-stick oven safe pan, shape the loaf into a football shape.
- Make a well on the top of the meat where the ketchup and onion decoration will go.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes until fully cooked.
- Add ketchup to fill the well you created.
- Top with thin slices of onion, arranged to look like the football’s laces.